From Soup To Nuts
- On Tuesday it was announced that the British band, Blur will be headlining the show for the closing ceremonies at 2012 Olympics on August 12.
- TBS announced Wednesday that they are extending Conan O’Brien’s late night talk show “Conan” for two more years, which will run through April 2014.
- On Tuesday night, Mick Jagger, B.B. King, and Jeff Beck performed at the White House for President Obama. At one point the President even came on stage and joined in on the performance.
- On Wednesday, actress Jennifer Aniston was honored with a star on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame.
- This week, Adele’s album 21 sold over 730,000 copies, which is the highest selling week since the album’s release over a year ago.
- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences told actor Sacha Baron Cohen that he will not be allowed to attend the Oscars if he is dressed up as his character for his upcoming movie “The Dictator”.
- On Monday, Rihanna and Chris Brown released two songs featuring each other. The decision to work together comes three years after Brown plead guilty to a felony assault charge on his then girlfriend, Rihanna.
- In an interview with Playboy, comedian/actor David Cross admitted he snorted cocaine 65 feet away from President Obama at 2009’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner.
- The drummer from the rock group Journey, Deen Castronovo was sentenced to 80 hours of community service in Oregon and ordered to attend anger-management classes for a domestic violence dispute.
- On Thursday, actor Charlie Sheen apologized to Ashton Kutcher in a phone interview with TMZ Live saying “I’m tired of pretending the show doesn’t suck. I’m tired of pretending Ashton doesn’t suck”.